Happy Onam 2020 : Onam is a tradional harvest festival of Kerala that is being celebrated by all Malayalees and is a 10-day long event. This year Onam celebrations started on 1 September and will be concluded on 13 September. The main day of Onam celebrations is Thiruvonam which falls on 11 September 2020. Onam is celebrated in the month of Chingam according to the Malayalam Calendar and people enjoy sending Happy Onam wishes and messages to their friends and family to brighten their day. Happy Onam wishes in Malayalam, as well as English, are forwarded on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media platforms along with pictures of the delicious Onam feast which is called the Onam Sadhya.
Onam Celebrations include a feast served on banana leaves, Pookkalam (flower arrangement), folk dance like Pulikali (tiger dances), tug of war, Vallam Kali (boat races), and traditional dance form Kaikottikali include some of the major celebrations during Onam in Kerala. Onam falls in the month of Chingam according to the Malayalam New Year. Onam marks the beginning of the new year for Malayalee Hindus.
Happy Onam 2020 Wishes – Free Download Quotes, Images
1. Hereby wishing you and your family a happy Onam. Have a nice feast!
2. Oru thumba poovinte chiriyumayi / Thiruvona naal vannethi / Ende priya suhrithinu / Hridayam niranja Onashamsakal.
Ente chinguvinum / Avalude achanum / Snehathinteyum santhoshathinteyum Onasamkal.
4. We celebrate Onam to commemorate a glorious past. All of us yearn for a time like that of King Mahabali, a time when prosperity, joy and love blended. But in order to realize this dream we need to put forward sustained efforts. Happy Onam
5. May this Onam you and your family be in good health and let your life flow with happiness. Wish you a very Happy Onam!
Onam is the time for pookalam on floor / Children on swings / tiger clad men with hunters behind them / People enjoying sadyas with family. Let this Onam bring joy and prosperity to all. Happy Onam!
7. “Poovili, Poovili, Ponnonamayi…..I wish you a very Happy Onam.”
8. “O–ORumayude; N–Nanmayude; A–AGhoshangalude; M–Malayaliyude; Onam Varavayi. Happy Onam!”